richmeyer

Rich's Gulag

A test to see if Booklikes is really a viable website, or just a pipe dream of numerous Goodreads ex-pats.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory Archives, Vol. 3
Joe Samachson, Arthur Cazeneuve
Progress: 56 %
Satan Burger
Carlton Mellick III
Progress: 9 %
Showcase Presents: Justice League of America Vol. 4 - Mike Sekowsky I have a soft spot in my head for this volume of Showcase Presents, as it features the very first comic book I ever read (and some of the earliest ones I remember reading). The last few issues of Mike Sekowsky's legendary run on Justice League of America are reprinted here, along with the start of Dick Dillin's similarly long-lived run. The stories all have that goofy late sixties' feel to them, from the era right before comics' started into their first phase of relevancy (with the advent of O'Neil and Adams' Green Lantern/Green Arrow). There are several JLA/JSA team-ups in this volume, including the one where Black Canary joins the Justice League, along with appearances by the Creeper, the Joker, and Mind Grabber Kid, along with the final appearances of Snapper Carr and the Martian Manhunter in the series (at least for awhile, anyway). I'm rating this four-stars, mainly on the strength of the artwork and the feeling of nostalgia it evokes in me. Your mileage may vary.