richmeyer

Rich's Gulag

A test to see if Booklikes is really a viable website, or just a pipe dream of numerous Goodreads ex-pats.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory Archives, Vol. 3
Joe Samachson, Arthur Cazeneuve
Progress: 56 %
Satan Burger
Carlton Mellick III
Progress: 9 %
The Dating Doctor Diaries - L.A. Tripp I received my copy for free in a contest on a Facebook page that I entered by chance about a week ago. I also have to say that I kind of know the author from a couple of FB indie writer groups. Let's get the good parts out of the way first: This was a fairly well-written book, with very few typos or grammar mistakes. Okay, now that that's out of the way: This is one of the top five worst books I have ever read. And I read nearly three-quarters of O.J. "If I Did It" before becoming too sick to continue. This book was so horrible on so many levels that I actually waited several days after reading it to post a review, hoping that the sense of virulent loathing I was feeling would go away. But it didn't. This book is an ego trip that Donald Trump would have trouble fathoming. I'm really hoping that it is fictional, not the real experiences of the author as it frontispiece claims it to be. The whole pick-up-artist mentality that pervades this book is completely reprehensible (no matter how the author tries to spin it with his tale of alternative lifestyle and seemingly open marriage) and is a good part of what gives guys a bad name with girls and the universe in general. I'm assuming this would appeal to the reality TV ... well, I hesitate to call them human beings ... let's just say creatures, that populate programs like Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious and their horrendous ilk. And I suppose if you're 13 or 17 and a pockmarked faced young guy trying to get dates in clubs you don't need to be in, this book would sound like a wonderful answer to all your problems. But to any rational person with an IQ greater than their shoe size, I can't see any appeal.