richmeyer

Rich's Gulag

A test to see if Booklikes is really a viable website, or just a pipe dream of numerous Goodreads ex-pats.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory Archives, Vol. 3
Joe Samachson, Arthur Cazeneuve
Progress: 56 %
Satan Burger
Carlton Mellick III
Progress: 9 %
Marvel Masterworks: The Incredible Hulk, Vol. 2 - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Gil Kane, John Romita Sr. One of the better Marvel Masterworks volumes I've read, this book features the beginning of what would become the Hulk's second comic book series, beginning with Tales to Astonish #59. There is some great artwork in this volume, particularly the teams of Steve Ditko and George Bell, and Jack Kirby and Bill Everett, both of which I consider the best silver age art teams to handle the character, short though their runs may have been. The Leader is the predominant villain in these stories, which feature the Hulk and Dr. Banner being hounded by Thunderbolt Ross and the creepy Major Talbot, along with an appearance by the Watcher and some cameos by the Chameleon. While I happened to get this dirt-cheap from Amazon Marketplace, it's definitely worth the full-price for these classic silver age tales of the Green Goliath!