richmeyer

Rich's Gulag

A test to see if Booklikes is really a viable website, or just a pipe dream of numerous Goodreads ex-pats.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory Archives, Vol. 3
Joe Samachson, Arthur Cazeneuve
Progress: 56 %
Satan Burger
Carlton Mellick III
Progress: 9 %
The Brave and the Bold Team-Up Archives, Vol. 1 - Bob Haney, Robert Kanigher, George Roussos, Howard Purcell, Joe Kubert, Alex Toth, Bruno Premiani, Ramona Fradon, Bernard Baily, Michael Uslan, Robert Klein This is an excellent Archives volume that actually has a few stories that I don't believe have been reprinted anywhere before (the Atom/Flash, Metal Men/Atom and the Flash/Manhunter from Mars team-ups), so it is probably worth it for a collector to grab this book rather than scrounge for those old B&B issues. The stories themselves are remarkably good, for the most part. The highlights are the 3 Battles Stars (with art by Joe Kubert), the aforementioned Atom/Flash story (with art by Alex Toth) and the first meeting of what would become the Teen Titans in #54, with art by Bruno Premiani. These are classic silver age tales, so don't expect a lot of modern angst in them - just an occasional science lesson. I think the only bad thing about this book is that it is too short; I'd love to have the next three issues (with the Teen Titans, Starman and Black Canary) in this volume.