richmeyer

Rich's Gulag

A test to see if Booklikes is really a viable website, or just a pipe dream of numerous Goodreads ex-pats.

The Seven Soldiers of Victory Archives, Vol. 3
Joe Samachson, Arthur Cazeneuve
Progress: 56 %
Satan Burger
Carlton Mellick III
Progress: 9 %
How to Survive When the Bottom Drops Out - J.T. Sather I didn't quite know what to expect with JT Sather's new book. I know JT through Facebook, and he's kinda goofy. But I have to say I enjoyed How to Survive When the Bottom Drops Out. It was a pleasant surprise. I've read these types of pseudo-memoirs and they seem to want to center on how the person is such a "playah" more than anything else. While JT stakes his claims in that territory at times, there's a much deeper verve to this book than just notches on a bedpost. The story is part-self-help book, part-dramedy, and part-memoir. JT's a good writer. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says here or what he's done over the years (putting the proverbial tongue-in-cheek and taking that grain of salt in hand when considering what might have been real and what is pure conjecture in the book), but he makes some salient points that everyone can take heed from. I think the last two chapters are the most important: "Get a Life" and "How Not to Be an Asshole". Definitely worth reading.